Choosing the right makeup mirror is important. A good makeup mirror allows you to get a good view of your face so you will clearly see where you are putting your makeup on.
But given the different varieties of makeup mirrors available in the market today, it’s hard to figure out the best makeup mirror for your needs.
To help you with, check out this guide on how to choose the right makeup mirror and get the flawless look that you deserve.
Choose the Mirror Depending On Your Eyesight
The main purpose of the makeup mirror is to help you to get a closer view of your face. But what happens if you have a vision problem? In this case, you need a magnification mirror. This mirror is designed for people who have problems with their eyesight.
If you’re wearing glasses, you need to take the glasses off when you’re putting your makeup on. This is where the magnification mirror would come into place.
The magnification mirror allows you to be able to clearly view your face in the mirror even if you’ve got some problems with your vision. With this mirror, you’ll be able to get a closer view of your face without any distortion and you’ll be able to concentrate on putting your makeup to achieve the look that you want.
Dual or Single Sided?
Another thing to consider when it comes to choosing the right makeup mirror is whether you need something that’s single or dual sided. Understandably, dual mirrors have two mirrors on both sides while the single-sided has only one mirror. You can have a dual-sided makeup mirror where the other side has a magnification and the other doesn’t have or opt for something where both mirrors have magnification. There are also some makeup mirrors that come with a small magnification mirror at the bottom.
The decision on whether to go for the dual or single-sided mirror will all be up to your personal preferences, however, a lot of people finds the dual-sided mirror to be a better choice, preferably the one where the other side has magnification and the other doesn’t have. This way, the mirror can be used by anyone, whether you have a vision problem or not.
Where Will You Use the Mirror?
If you find it hard to decide the type of makeup mirror to buy given the many options available for you to choose from, it’s best to ask yourself where do you plan to use the mirror. Do you want to hang it on a wall or would you prefer to place it on top of a makeup table? Your answer to these questions can also help you in choosing the right mirror to buy.
For instance, if you prefer the mirror that you can hang in a wall and you have a vision problem, then you need a makeup mirror that has a higher level of magnification so you’ll be able to see clearly even from a far distance. On the other hand, if you plan to place the mirror on top of a table or a counter, you don’t really need to choose something that has a high level of magnification.
There’s also a handheld magnification for those who prefer something that they can carry with them. In this case, you can choose something that has the lowest magnification level possible so you will not end up viewing your pores each time you apply your makeup.
Take Your Lighting Into Consideration
The type of lighting is another important consideration. If you are using a portable or handheld makeup mirror, the lighting may not be something that you have to worry about. However, if you prefer a wall-mounted or tabletop mirror, then the lighting would be a big factor.
It’s also a great idea to invest in a makeup mirror that comes with a built-in lighting. These mirrors usually have LED natural lights attached to them, allowing you to see clearly when applying makeup at night.
Choose Something that Fits Your Needs
When shopping for a makeup mirror, you’ll find that there are different types available. You should choose something that is suitable to your needs. Here are some of the most common types of makeup mirror:
- Compact or Handheld – if you need a mirror that you can carry with you anywhere you go, then you should opt for a compact or handheld makeup mirror. There are also foldable compact mirrors that can be placed on top of a makeup table. They fit nicely in a handbag so you can also carry it with you wherever you go.
- Tabletop – these are the most common makeup mirrors. The best thing about these mirrors is that you can easily transfer them from one place to another. These mirrors usually come with two sides, allowing you to choose between a normal mirror and something that has magnification.
- Tri-Fold – these mirrors are foldable and can be placed on a tabletop. However, these types of mirrors don’t usually come with magnification. Some models come with lights allowing you to clearly view all angles of your face.
- Wall-Mounted – if you prefer the makeup mirror that you can permanently attached in a wall in your room, then the wall mounted makeup mirror is what you need. Some of these mirrors also come with magnification and arm attachments, allowing you to move the mirror or pull it closer to your face, whichever is comfortable for you.
- Lighted – lighted makeup mirrors are available in either a tabletop, compact, tri-fold, wall-mounted, etc. If you plan on using the mirror in a room that has a poor lighting, then this is the mirror that you need.
Choosing the right makeup mirror may be daunting given the wide choices available, but it all boils down to your preferences and needs.
Above all, it also depends on whether you have poor eyesight or not. Hopefully, the guide above can help you to choose the makeup mirror that can work best for you.